**NEWS RELEASE**NEWS RELEASE**NEWS RELEASE**
October 28, 2013
The Mammoth Lakes Police-Community Hispanic Advisory Committee has finalized plans for the next Town Hall meeting scheduled for Friday, November 15 at 4:30 p.m. The Town Hall meeting will be held in the Emerald Room at the Grand Sierra Lodge, 1111 Forest Trail.
Presentations will be on the following topics:
- Assembly Bill 60, signed by Governor Brown, which will allow for drivers licenses for undocumented residents.
- Assembly Bill 4, signed by Governor Brown, which impacts notifications to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for arrested persons
- MLPD on-line crime reporting system
- The Affordable Care Act
- Domestic Violence Prevention
- There will also be an Open Forum where questions can be asked of representatives of the Mammoth Lakes Police Department and the Mono County Sheriff’s Department.
Interpreters will be present and it will be possible for attendees to ask questions anonymously by way of using index cards. Food will be provided and there will be supervised child care.
The Hispanic Advisory Committee was created in late 2010 in an effort to build trust and improve communications between the Police Department and the Hispanic community of Mammoth Lakes.