Welcome to the Mammoth Lakes Police Department Citizens Online Crime Reporting System. If this is an Emergency, please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please read the following to see if online report filing is right for you:
- There are NO known suspects, or suspect description?
- There is NO evidence to be collected?
- This is NOT an ongoing problem?
- The crime occurred within the Mammoth Lakes Town Limits?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Crime Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report has been accepted for review.
- Be given a temporary police report number until your report has been reviewed and approved, at which time you will be issued a permanent police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further information on your case is needed, a detective or officer may contact you.
- Filing a false police report is a crime
Penal Code section 148.5. (a) Every person who reports to any peace officer listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2, or subdivision (a) of Section 830.33, district attorney, or deputy district attorney that a felony or misdemeanor has been committed, knowing the report to be false, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
If your report will require a callback or further investigation, please do not use online reporting. Call (760) 965-3700. Online reporting is for documentation only with no further follow-up. Crimes reported online will still be included in our statistical data and crime trend information is provided to officers.
Using the Mammoth Lakes Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
|Crime Tip||Harassing Phone Calls||Hit and Run - Non Injury|
|Hit and Run - Property Damage||Identity Theft||Lost Property|
|Supplemental Report||Theft||Theft from Vehicle|
|Vandalism/Graffiti||Violation of Custody Orders||Wildlife|
Powered by Coplogic's Online Citizen Police Reporting