Recreation This Week!
ALL RECREATION - ALL THE TIME!
Recreation This Week! is a weekly e-newsletter compiled by the Recreation Department for the community of Mammoth Lakes. In it you will find a weekly sampling of our boundless recreational opportunities in one of the world's most spectacular playgrounds.
Whether you're looking for family fun, learning new things, challenging your endurance or simply rejuvenating the soul, we hope you'll take advantage of what awaits you in Mammoth Lakes.
Recreation This Week - February 15, 2018
Back by popular demand, get in while you still can, embrace your Olympic spirit, and sign up for a FREE Curling clinic at Mammoth Ice Rink on Sunday, February 18 at 7:00 p.m. Simultaneous kettle curling for those ten and under will be available. Advanced registration is required and available at Mammoth Ice Rink or by calling (760) 965-3695.
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Parks and Recreation News…
- Instructional Basketball continues this evening from 5:15 to 6:00 p.m., at the Mammoth Middle School Gym! This FREE program is for 1-2 graders who are just becoming interested in the sport of basketball.
- Adult Indoor Soccer continues this Sunday. Take in a competitive indoor soccer game from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. in the Mammoth High School Gym.
- Try your skills at an Olympic sport! Sunday, February 18, 7:00 p.m. at the Mammoth Ice Rink is a free curling clinic. Sign up at Mammoth Ice Rink or call (760) 965-3695. In addition, every Tuesday is drop-in curling 5:00-7:00 p.m., and is $10 per person. Perfect your form or bring a friend and get a match going.
- Adult drop-in hockey continues at the Mammoth Ice Rink every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 7:30-9:30 p.m. So bust out those old hockey skates and drop in before it’s too late!
- Adult Coed Volleyball league continues on Wednesday evenings at the Mammoth Middle School Gym. Come cheer on your local volleyball league every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
- Toddler Time meets on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00 AM. Each 4-week session is $48 with a 50% sibling discount. Drop-in rates are available.
- Sierra Mountain Guides continues to offer Backcountry Touring Program on Wednesdays through April 18. Rates are available with or without equipment provided. More information is available at www.MammothParksandRec.com. Registration is available online or at the Town Offices. In addition, on Saturday, March 10 Sierra Mountain Guides is offering an Avalanche education class at the Mammoth Lakes Community Center beginning at 5:45 p.m. Begin your lifelong education of avalanches! All ages are welcome. Advanced registration is required and is available online or at the Town offices. Sign up today!
- Peapod Playgroups continue in Mammoth in Spanish on Wednesdays from 1:00-2:00 p.m. and on Thursdays in English from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and in Crowley Lake on Fridays from 10:30 to 11:30. Sessions meet at the community center and all families with children birth through age five are welcome!
- Due to unseasonably warm weather, Mammoth Ice Rink has transitioned to a spring operating schedule. Please see www.MammothIceRink.com for a complete schedule.
- Winter Adventure Series continues this evening; Thursday, February 15, doors open at 6:00 p.m. with the presentation starting at 7:00 p.m., at the Mammoth Lakes Welcome Center. This week’s presentation will be by Brennan Lagasse; a passionate writer, educator, and mountain guide.
- Mammoth Lakes Repertory Theatre presents The Importance of Being Earnest. Shows continue through Sunday, February 18. The Wednesday through Saturday shows begin at 7:00 p.m and on Sunday the show begins at 4:00 p.m.
- Come join or watch a silent disco at the Village this Saturday, February 17 and Sunday, February 18 from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. D.J.’s will pump their sounds into free wireless headsets so be sure to swing by the village to show off your dance moves or look for a new one!
- A Health & Beauty in Harmony Workshop at the Nest is Sunday, February 18 at 11:00 a.m. Educate yourself on how essential oils and energy stones. Create a piece of jewelry, spray or roller for yourself or loved one.
- Mammoth Lakes Library is holding a jewelry making class on Wednesday, February 21 at 3:30 p.m. Space is limited so sign up at the Mammoth Lakes Library today! Open to 8th graders and up, adults too!
- Meet Mammoth Mountain’s Patrol Dogs and handlers on Thursday, February 22 at McCoy Sports in the Village. Learn about how these pups and their handlers play a huge part in on-mountain safety. The presentation will run from 5:30-6:30 p.m. and the first 30 kids will receive a free Ski Patrol t-shirt while supplies last.
- Chocolate Mountain Outing with Friends of the Inyo – February 24
- Wooly’s Birthday Party and Parade – February 25
- Full Moon Tours at Tamarack– February 28
- Crowley Lake Community Center winter community classes schedule.
- Chamber of Commerce newsletter
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to Recreation This Week or contact Lauren Plum at or (760) 965-3699. This is an opt-in e-newsletter and will not be sold or used for any other purpose.
Access the Recreation This Week Archive to catch up on all the news, events or programs that you missed!